Why would a guy that's been consistent with daily contact suddenly stop initiating contact when it's not about him being busy?

I thought it was going fine and we had gotten closer. Now all of a sudden he's barely initiating any contact when earlier he might do that 4 times a day (which was kinda crazy, but not complaining! :D ). I've contacted him and he hasn't seemed irritated by it. But if I don't, I may not hear from him for days. He's not busy.

I was wondering, why does this happen? What would you say?

(I'll ask him when/if I start to get actually worried about it, for now I'm just curious)

• He lost interest
  • He thinks you friendzoned him
  • He has someone else in mind
    Vote C
  • He needs time to figure out what he wants
    Vote D
  • He's playing hard to get/doesn't wanna seem needy
    Vote E
  • He grew comfortable
    Vote F
  • He feels it was getting too serious/too intense/going too fast and is "cooling it down"
    Vote G
Okay, update:

1. I've initiated contact 3 times this week, he seems to answer pretty much right away and chats like he used to, but he isn't starting ANY conversations anymore.

2. It seems he's keeping tabs on me on social media and trying to be online when ever I am.

So yeah, kinda confused, not sure what's going on 😂

230

Most Helpful Guy

• If it were me, it would probably be dependant on your response. I mean, I like to show that Im interested by making contact, but if im the only initiator, it would feel like she really was just being polite

• This right here is why. Guys don't want their potential partners to think they're too needy or too clingy. He wants to see if you start initiating/ wants to see if you have any interest.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lost interest. Even if he thought you friend zoned him, he's gonna lose interest since he knows he has no shot.. could be a combo of both