Why would a guy that's been consistent with daily contact suddenly stop initiating contact when it's not about him being busy?

I thought it was going fine and we had gotten closer. Now all of a sudden he's barely initiating any contact when earlier he might do that 4 times a day (which was kinda crazy, but not complaining! :D ). I've contacted him and he hasn't seemed irritated by it. But if I don't, I may not hear from him for days. He's not busy.

I was wondering, why does this happen? What would you say?

(I'll ask him when/if I start to get actually worried about it, for now I'm just curious)

• He lost interest
    Vote A
  • He thinks you friendzoned him
    Vote B
  • He has someone else in mind
    Vote C
  • He needs time to figure out what he wants
    Vote D
  • He's playing hard to get/doesn't wanna seem needy
    Vote E
  • He grew comfortable
    Vote F
  • He feels it was getting too serious/too intense/going too fast and is "cooling it down"
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Okay, update:

1. I've initiated contact 3 times this week, he seems to answer pretty much right away and chats like he used to, but he isn't starting ANY conversations anymore.

2. It seems he's keeping tabs on me on social media and trying to be online when ever I am.

So yeah, kinda confused, not sure what's going on 😂

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If it were me, it would probably be dependant on your response. I mean, I like to show that Im interested by making contact, but if im the only initiator, it would feel like she really was just being polite

1|4
    0|0
    • This right here is why. Guys don't want their potential partners to think they're too needy or too clingy. He wants to see if you start initiating/ wants to see if you have any interest.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lost interest. Even if he thought you friend zoned him, he's gonna lose interest since he knows he has no shot.. could be a combo of both

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• He became tired of being the one initiating. It feels like you are running after someone who doesn't care about it. So he stopped texting to check if you would come to him as well. This would be my first assumption if I think of myself.

1|2
    0|0
  • Depends at what time he stopped pursuing. Maybe you did something which pushed him away, or he asked you out or for a call and you answered negative, and he was expecting that after taking again, maybe you would like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • you are a very bad girl sort it out its all your blame its time to be miss nice girl l am no mister nice guy now as l have been treated like shit but no more shit will be taken by me treat me nice and l will always treat the girl nice

0|0
    2|0
  • Could be anything really.
    But when i suddenly stop initiating contact after trying to reach out several timea a day it means i grew comfortable with that woman.
    Just ask him why he stopped initiating contact, only he can tell you why and not us.

0|0
    0|0
  • When a guy marries Marijuana 😝, he doesn't need women!! He's on a different path then 😉😇

Even, I believe that for a relationship to build, time and energy need to be put from both sides, otherwise, one will get exhausted soon and leave!

Go, talk to him ASAP, otherwise, it will be too late... 😟

You have the power to make this relationship move forward! We make our life with our decisions in life. What are you waiting for? Go go go... 😉😇

All the Best!! 😇👍

0|0
    0|0
  • if he's chatting like normal how are your chatting habits holding up?
    he could feel your friend zoning him or that you're pulling away.
    he's lost interest or he feels you've lost interest.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'd say normal. I really have no idea what's happening. This started after I fell asleep one night in middle of our texting. We had a lovely date that day, he messaged me later that day and we were messaging back and forth but it was slow because I was super busy and answered his texts with a small delay all night. When I finally got home it was middle of the night, he was still chatting me up but I fell asleep while waiting for his message back. In the morning when I woke up I saw he had sent me few messages, I answered him and told him I had fell asleep but he never answered anything. That's when he stopped messaging all together. Only answering my messages.

• People say "he lost interest" as the most popular answer, but the reason he lost interest is because he hooked up with someone... physically. Now that he's getting it from her, you're superfluous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be any number of those reasons. I think that either he friendzoned you or met someone else (likely explanation).

0|0
    0|0
  • Men do get busy fo do
    Women.
    Its not a loss if you fall out of contact for a few days now if it wats weeks something fishy going on.
    take it slow and no worries.

0|0
    0|0
  • He might feel like he's wasting his time on you, like the effort is wasted.

0|3
    0|0
  • He's sick of you not taking the initiative. He's sick of being the one that has to contact you, it shows him you don't give a fuck about him.

0|2
    0|0
  • Either he lost interest in trying to get laid with you. Or his just not into being a friendzone. Guys hate being a friend zone. He rather be gay. Lol

0|1
    0|0
  • He might have realized he was initiating contact the whole time and wants to see if you would do it on your own.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've initiated contact 3 times this week, he 0. He does reply right away and chat like he used to, but he's not starting any conversations anymore.

• I don't know, maybe he found someone else. I have no idea.

• He feels friendzoned, he might have some problems like depression, he might think you sre not interested...

0|1
    0|0
  • I were to do the same thing it would be because I'm interested in someone else or I've lost interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • He figures it's time for you to start things if you like him.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he isn't really making an effort, that should tell you something.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's pulling back because his pursuit yielded no results

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe he's just tired/need a break/hoping you'll initiate

0|0
    0|0
  • Video games

0|1
    0|0
    • Well yeah that's actually possible too cause he got a new game console not so long ago (last month?)

• Sometimes things come up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Best guess: He thinks you friendzoned him

0|1
    0|0
  • it's going nowhere

0|0
    0|0
  • He thinks you friendzoned him

1|0
    0|0
  • he has found something more interesting to him

0|0
    0|0
  • you say you've gotten closer but not gotten together which means he thinks you friend zoned him and the reason he's always on when you are is coincidence if you aren't in the same room

0|0
    0|0
  • Growing comfortable. It's normal.

It's not normal to expect people to text constantly for their entire life.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's also possible to run out of things to say, or be worried that that's going to happen. So then one doesn't initiate but will save interesting things to talk about for when the other person does initiate.

• Why would a woman? Cause my girl is doing the same thing! :(

0|1
    0|0
  • If u could take things more in a sexual way... he would be interested

0|0
    1|1

What Girls Said 1

• I'm in the exact same position. Lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry to hear! Tell me if you find out what it was about :D

• I will do. You let me know too lol