Why doesn't my friends with benefits want me to talk to other guys? Why is he starting to care about me again?

It took this guy and I 3 months to decide if we were going to be in a relationship or friends with benefits. He had feelings first when I didn't have them. When I got them he didn't have them, I agreed to put mine aside and that we would just be friends with benefits. He also said we would only be friends with benefits for a "little bit."

Before him I was in a relationship for 6 years and so he thinks my body count is only 3 but it is actually more. He never asked he just assumed. When I told him I'm putting my feelings a side I also mentioned that I can do that because he didn't believe me. And I told him I have been with a couple of guys and did not get attached or feelings for them. He told me it was just me he was talking to and having sex with. I said okay and that's when I told him I am putting my feelings aside. He came back and said I hope its me though like just me. I told him it was but, I'm actually talking with other people (not having sex with them).

I decided I'm not giving him my full attention and not caring because he was like that for awhile. My birthday just passed and he said happy birthday and we had a conversation. I have had some health issues for the past couple weeks and he knows about it but, I don't talk to him about them. He asked if I was okay and talked to me about them. Which, I thought was weird because he normally doesn't talk to me a lot anymore and he is acting like he cares now.

I am just confused because when I stopped caring he started to care again. I also want to know why he only wants me to talk him and not to other guys?
Why doesn't my friends with benefits want me to talk to other guys? Why is he starting to care about me again?
Add Opinion