Friend with benefits, did I upset him?

so I’ve known this guy for over a year we met off tinder for dates then I went back to my ex, he was happy for me, I left my ex after a year and a half together and after 3 weeks I started talking to this guy again, he kept wanting to meet up, he said he’d been chasing me but I always got taken, finally we did meet up and we slept together, we have done it a few times since then but he’s acting really distant with me now, I haven’t heard from him in over 10days when usually he texts me a lot, not everyday or anything, the last time we met up he told me I was really cute... i told him I liked him but I didn’t want to get too attached to him, he didn’t reply to that.. I have been the one to say I don’t want a relationship, I even said we couldnt have sex without protection as I would get too attached to him, he seemed fine when he went home but as I didn’t hear from him I messaged him asking how he was and he replied he was sorry as he’d been busy and he’s studying for his final exams in June as well as doing lots of fitness stuff, have I done something wrong or is the usual thing about these friends with benefits situations? I’m a bit confused as to if he just thinks of me as a booty call or if he actually likes me as I’m starting to like him but I’m fresh out of a long relationship and he will only be a rebound, which is why I’ve tried to distance myself, he is 5 years younger than me which im cautious about, also not sure if he sleeps with other people... didn't want to ask
Friend with benefits, did I upset him?
Add Opinion