Ex boyfriend behavior, help?

My boyfriend and I broke up in December of 2017, I broke up with him. We live in separate countries. He was cheating on me and just being difficult at this point. Since the break up we haven't stopped talking, he goes very hot and cold on me. We talk consistently, a few times a week, I know when he is with other girls because he'll send me long texts before or after (out of guilt) telling me he loves me and misses me and asking why we can't be together, and then when I'd start being nice he'd completely ignore me for awhile.. then start the pattern again. We were fighting back and forth for a few months, but as of recently we started communicating really constructively and He made me feel like we were going to go in the right direction finally. I was finally agreeing to see him, and feeling confidant and thinking he's ready take responsibility but then today when we were on the phone having a really good conversation he said to me that he didn't think we could be together anytime soon since I live in America and he is going to live in Monaco but he wants to see me when he is on business and talk like we do still. I don't understand if he is just leading me on, it's been almost a year and I haven't been able to move on, someone help.
Ex boyfriend behavior, help?
Add Opinion