Is receiving tight-lipped smiles from a guy a bad sign?

My crush smiles like this with me. He’ll look at me, look down at the floor and looks at me again and shyly smiles at me (no teeth showing). He smiles like that every time we make eye contact. And it’s always him that initiates the smiles between us.
Sometimes I think he’s just being polite. But then I notice he goes out of his way to walk by where I’m sitting at or will walk out of his way to cross paths with me. I’ve also noticed the “famous” sparkly eye look the few times he speaks to me. He stares, glances and looks away when I catch him. Or sometimes he maintains eye contact with me. And he tries to make random convo about nothing really. I don't know what to think because all the “how to decode his smile” sites on google say the same thing, that he’s being polite and not interested.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Girl wake up!!! He likes you too...

• 6d

What makes you think this, if you don’t mind me asking. I’m so confused lol

• 6d

When he smiles like that, I don’t expect a full grin but all over google it says guys smile like that when they’re not interested. And sometimes he “ignores” me by bein on his phone when I’m walking by. But at the same he goes out of his way to walk by where I’m at or cross paths with me. He has that eye sparkle when speaking to me. And he always smiles when he we make eye contact

• 6d

Google isn't everything. For example if you are ill and you put up your symptoms on Google. 7/10 times it's gonna show something very serious. When he is using his phone and ignoring you trust me all his attention is towards you but he just doesn't wanna be caught staring at you all the time. Trust me seems creepy. So that's why. Go talk to him you have a person who really likes you. And I'm sure by the info I have that he must be a sweet and simple guy. So that's why. Go for it...