Is receiving tight-lipped smiles from a guy a bad sign?

My crush smiles like this with me. He’ll look at me, look down at the floor and looks at me again and shyly smiles at me (no teeth showing). He smiles like that every time we make eye contact. And it’s always him that initiates the smiles between us.
Sometimes I think he’s just being polite. But then I notice he goes out of his way to walk by where I’m sitting at or will walk out of his way to cross paths with me. I’ve also noticed the “famous” sparkly eye look the few times he speaks to me. He stares, glances and looks away when I catch him. Or sometimes he maintains eye contact with me. And he tries to make random convo about nothing really. I don't know what to think because all the “how to decode his smile” sites on google say the same thing, that he’s being polite and not interested.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Girl wake up!!! He likes you too...

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

What makes you think this, if you don’t mind me asking. I’m so confused lol

• Show All
    • 6d

When he smiles like that, I don’t expect a full grin but all over google it says guys smile like that when they’re not interested. And sometimes he “ignores” me by bein on his phone when I’m walking by. But at the same he goes out of his way to walk by where I’m at or cross paths with me. He has that eye sparkle when speaking to me. And he always smiles when he we make eye contact

• 6d

Google isn't everything. For example if you are ill and you put up your symptoms on Google. 7/10 times it's gonna show something very serious. When he is using his phone and ignoring you trust me all his attention is towards you but he just doesn't wanna be caught staring at you all the time. Trust me seems creepy. So that's why. Go talk to him you have a person who really likes you. And I'm sure by the info I have that he must be a sweet and simple guy. So that's why. Go for it...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• He's shy and likes you, in what way and how much isn't certain. He could have a crush or likes you a lot as a person. Not showing teeth while smiling either means you're shy, prefer smiling that way or you're insecure about your teeth.

1|0
    0|0
  • You should just ask him how he feels about you. Or just keep playing this "shy smiling game" with him, cause it's adorable :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Polite and shy. Probably likes ya

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

But if he’s just being polite that means he doesn’t like me right

• Show All
    • 6d

Number one? What do you mean

• 6d

@Asker Just talk to him it should be pretty obvious if you actually talk with him.

• Not good

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's just shy so he makes that smile. Sometimes, i also do that thing to my crush.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Does he return your smile with a closed smile too?

• Show All
    • 6d

Yeah but not much

• 6d

Well do you think, he noticed that you have a crush on him? If he feels the same way, it means he is shy so he makes that smile but if not, I'm sorry to say but he smiles like that because he want to be polite to you.

Recommended myTakes