Guys, Are there different types of “ignoring”?

Hear me out: I used to work with a guy. There was definite chemistry between us that others notice. He moved away for a job and eventually, followed me on Instagram towards the end of last year. We had no communication for 6 months prior. We have no mutual friends so I would not show up on his suggested friends and he didn’t have FB so I was not a suggested contact. He had to have been thinking of me to look me up and follow me. However, he never likes my posts and when I try to engage him by commenting, he NEVER says anything back. He will reply to others, but not me. So, is there a different type of “ignoring” that is more about him just being nervous and observant rather than not interested? If he were not interested, he wouldn’t have looked me up and followed me in the first place. Do guys intentionally ignore girls they are into or be responsive to everyone else but her? If so, why?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes definitely, I act differently/ignore girls differently depending on my relationship with them, friends, my best friend, girlfriend, bad ex, good ex, and so on

• 7d

How would you ignore them differently? How would you ignore a girl you like and why?

• 7d

If I genuinely like the girl (s) I will comment and respond instantly, but I only do this for close people (2-3 people) the rest of the other people I just don’t bother opening their texts and messages, or I will look at them but just not type anything