Dating A Guy With No Understanding Of Emotions?

I've been with this guy for just about a year now and he legitimately seems to have no understanding of feelings/emotions and why people act and feel the way they do.
For instance, he's a workaholic. He always has been and he seems absolutely and totally confused about why his exes, and even myself, get frustrated when he has so little time to contribute to a relationship. His rationalization is that he's got a goal and he's focused on it. When I asked why he even bothers with relationships and why he doesn't just find the occasional hookup, he doesn't have an answer. If I get upset or cry over things, it's like I'm covered in slime or spiders or something. He has no idea what to do. He doesn't understand why people get mad about things because he doesn't feel very passionate about many things.
That's not to say he isn't affectionate or loving toward me, but I don't cuddle up on him much or anything. If I walk by, he'll grab me, hug me, and hold me for a while, and when we're in bed, he's always (like 100%) the first one to want to cuddle, and he can't seem to fall asleep unless we're holding each other. He's not violent or mean, he's just somewhat dry and cold if that makes sense.
We've made it this far and don't have many issues but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever dated someone like this and how it worked out. Or if there's any advice to get him excited about anything at all.

110

Most Helpful Guy

• Auuuuuuuuuu, so fun fact gods creatures are not heartless. They have this thing called a brain.. which you both got. So he do know what emotions are. Cause he's tired from working. Thats sad. Sad is an emotion and tieed is a feeling. So you have brain to not put up with pointless predicaments. Dont blame it on love, history or obligation. Do yourself a favor and stop putting up with it. Your not nor never will change the guy. He has be ready. And you... wasting your time sooooooo. Lets fix that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Seems like someone I wouldn't even consider