Would you allow your mother to take control of your finances?

I know a person that allowed his mother be his administrator. He wants to start his life in other country now. But she have said to him that she will take all his money because she spent much since he was a baby. She said he has to start from cero like she started when she had him as a baby.
I don't know what advice I can give him.
Would you allow your mother to take control of your finances?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No none I my parents have control over my finances since I turned 18

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally no; but I’m not too bad with money.

The thing is, not everyone is naturally good at saving or managing their income. If they need help, and it sounds like this guy does, then this may be the best way for him to work that out.
    My husband was terrible with money when we first started dating. Every pay he’d have to borrow from Peter to pay Paul and he could never get ahead. It took us sitting down together every single pay and me keeping him to his budget to feel accountable and over time he’s learned the best way for him to do it and he’s amazing now. He’s a money squirrel.

Point is, I don’t think it’s anyone else’s business to say what he’s doing is wrong if he feels it’s going to help him get ahead

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Oh, hell no. My money, my responsibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I started from zero as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes my Mum is like my bank except i trust her

0|0
    0|0
  • No absolutely not

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 5

• I trust my mother whole-heartedly, and I am lucky to have a mother like her who does not take advantage of me. My mother gives me great advice on how to save and invest, and has helped me manage my money. I know plenty of good parents who still take money out of their kids pockets when they get a chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even as a teen my mother had nothing to do with my finances.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell no

0|0
    0|0
  • No, never

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes