Is my boyfriend saying he's single by doing this?

I've been dating my boyfriend for almost two years. On Facebook, it says we are in a relationship. I went online recently and saw that it was hidden, as in it didn't say single or in a relationship on his profile. He claims he didn't change it.. we fought about it and I got upset and told him to change it back. He seemed hesitant saying this was so stupid because he bet that I was tripping about it because he's leaving to go on a trip to his hometown soon. He ended up making it visible again. Does him changing it in the first place say he was being unfaithful or fooling around?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Could have been him not wanting someone to know he was in a relationship. If that were the case then him lying about it shows that he's definitely hiding something. Because relationship statuses don't just change themselves. But there could potentially be someone tampering with his account. You never know these days. The timing of the change is a bit coincidental though considering he's about to go away on a trip.

Most Helpful Girl

• He changed it for a reason, and if he's hesitant about it then that means he doesn't want someone to see sense he's living for his hometown. I would straight up ask him if he just wants to break up or not sense he pulled that stunt.