Do guys seriously not discuss things with each other?

Like Girl's constantly discuss things with their girlfriends. Sex, love, plans, what they like in a guy, who've they dated, their insecurities, etc, etc.
Do guys not have these conversations? If not, what do you do instead?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait. You talk about sex with your friends? Like in general? Or your personal sex life, with your boyfriend?
    Because I don't want ladies to talk about the sex life of me and my girlfriend. Or for men to. I would prefer to keep that between us.
    No. Guys don't talk about that stuff like girls do. Not unless it's seriously important.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you want me to be honest, your girl might discuss your personal sex life but it would only be with good friends.
      And before you get mad, there is a reason (at least for me).
      We like to get advice, especially when self conscious like I am. It's nice to get tips for certain sexual activities but it's not like we share extra personal information (circumcision, size (unless you are a douchy ex.), etc.).

• Show All
    • Always a good idea, your sister should have your back. It might also be the exact opposite though. She never mentions you maybe

• Hopefully. I haven't heard anything anyways. But then that would make sense too.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the guy. But in large part guys’ conversations with each other don’t get anywhere near as detailed as girls’ convos. They are usually more cut and dry about the topic they are discussing and then move on. As opposed to girls who tend to want more dirt on the subject and will tend to analyze the whole situation.
    For example, I have a guy friend who didn’t even let any of his close bros know why he was in jail. I hardly know him and he told me his whole back story, what he was arrested for, how it felt to be in jail, and all about what he should wear for his upcoming court appearances.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 135

• We tend to breeeze over it unless someone needs help. When it comes to providing help men are typically more solution oriented and less interested in emotional support. A male friend of mine says he comes too soon? I'll throw him an article on kegels and chip in I know a guy it worked for. I will not sit and listen and cater to his feelings about the unsatisfying sex he is having for the next hour.

0|0
    0|0
  • We talk about those things of course, just not as in depth and we don't take those topics very seriously. But when it comes to insecurities HELL NO. I mean a real man doesn't want sympathy, for me it's a nice way of implying weakness. Of course there might be exceptions but usually those involve beta male nice guys. Plus not all of us are social and for me my friends only touch on those topic, rarely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not nearly as much as it seems like girls do. Most of those type of conversations happen only between close friends who have a stake in the others personal life, most guys don't just generally talk about this stuff. You often can get superficial talk like "yeh, she's hot" or "I'd tap that" but deeper than that usually requires a close friendship and good reason to talk about something that is usually boring uninteresting.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really, no. I don’t care nor want to hear anything about what other guys like in women or any of that mess. Some things get thrown out there if you’re looking for advice and that’s when things get discussed but it’s in the context of strategy; problem solving, not just talking about stuff. Mostly guys stick to systems and strategy and problem solving and funny stuff and common interest hobbies that’s about it.

0|2
    0|0
    • I started uni in February and still haven’t told any friends. I entered and exited a relationship and didn’t tell them. Guy friends are the people you do things with, not the people you talk to.

• Absolutely! Well said.

• its so true lol
      women are so different

• Not as much as women. We don't seem to talk much because most guys doing like to gossip. We also don't order to talk things out; we usually other to work them out. Something's bothering me? I play a round of Halo 5. Feeling a little bored? I take out my way carving tools or whittling knives.

0|0
    0|0
  • Used to do that when i was a kid. Felt more uncomfortable sharing stuff as I grew up with my dudes. Used to share it with my girlfriend but she never let me open up to her, a bit with my bestfriend (girl) and I stopped doing that aswell. I see no point in it. Nothing I tell them is gonna be solved by them. Its only gonna be fixed by me so I'd rather not whine. It sucks to keep in so much shit but it sucks more to put yourself out there like a whiny little bitch

0|0
    0|0
  • I suppose the thing to remember is that guys brains are wired differently than girls. We are wired to react physically to emotional stimulus not verbally. A few guys getting together to play basketball is as intimate as a bunch of girls getting together to talk about what not.
    We share experiences, building things, doing things, working out etc. It's how we comunicate.

0|1
    1|0
  • Guys don't talk about "important" stuff, it's sports, work, school etc. And if women come into it ever, it's basic things (nothing to in depth or emotional). We don't talk about our insecurities for example... it's not "manly".

1|0
    1|0
  • I know a lot of guys that probably don't have these discussions but I really like them and I have a lot of them with my friends and I know a lot of women that don't do that either so I think it's more about the circle in wich you are in than the gender but with tendencies towards women with more discussions simply because they're biologically more compassionate

0|0
    0|0
  • They do have those conversations but not with most just a few friends and generally boys avoid some of the intermediating talks with a friend cause It feels a bit weird and awkward
    Most of the times discussions in our group are about the crushes we have and or people we fall for..

0|0
    0|0
  • We have serious conversations once in a while and I have no problem opening up to close friends about more personal stuff when it's appropriate. There's just not really a point most of the time. I'd rather just talk about cool shit like music, sports, science, and things that would be funny to do. Sometimes it's nice to be able to sit there and not feel like I have to say anything too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Except for sex talking to girls I don't discuss any of that with anyone. I am only discussing new ideas or events with guys.

1|2
    0|0
  • We do usually but not with those great details as girls do because it's either 'understood' or we want to keep a few things to ourselves. Also most of such discussions happens with someone close to us or during drinks and good times with people we just know but also know that they won't back stab you with that info.

0|0
    0|0
  • We talk about women, our vehicles, our job and the stuff we are learning in order to save money on things like hireing a plumber or mechanic and doing it ourselves. We talk about our hobbies and the women who don't know how to let us enjoy them... It's a circle of the same subjects mostly. We don't need to inform each other of our plans or relationship status because as men it's something we are seeing into takeing care of on our own just like we do when the car breaks down. Do you understand?

0|0
    0|0
  • BOYS actually share their personal things like girls , everything if friend is trust worthy i. e sex , love , plans. Even they help in to impress girls.
    Thats kind of funny but its yes.

And but if the girlfriend is more than girlfriend like partner. Then boys actually would not be open to his friends in cases of sex to protect his partners importance and her respect.

1|0
    0|1
  • Maybe if it comes up, mostly just talk about music, what girls have the best bodies, how pissed we are at our bosses and customers and stuff, weird shit we saw that week, we don't gossip, like maybe if someone pissed us off were gunna rant about it but only for like a minute then we move on to something happier. We have better shit to do than sit around talking about other peoples lives

0|0
    0|0
  • No. We just sit around feeling each other's muscles while saying no homo all day long.

Yes we talk about that stuff. Some guys not as much, some guys just as much or more I'd wager.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not as much as girls. When something special has happened, we talk about it. Only a very few times we talk about plans and stuff. It's never a discussion. I have never discussed with my bro. We don't talk about insecurities or love. When there's an interesting story of a bro who gets cheated on, then it's going viral, else not. What we like in a girl... No. Not really. Wanna fuck that's it. Not much to talk about.

0|0
    0|0
    • Things we are talking about is gym, work, music, sports, gym again, gym, what to eat, disco, cars, shisha. That's it basically.

• Cars , trucks , guns , new hot chics , weather , problems outside of relationships, dick sizes , bodies shapes of women under their clothes , wild animals, hobbies , burgers , habits , facial repairs of other men , stds , random quotes from other dumbasses , and the old guy who never gets laid.

0|0
    0|0
  • The weirdest friends, sure. Like when you haven't seen each other in a while and catch up on history.
    It's not like we don't do it.
    Just not often.

Mostly normal friends are guys who you hang out with and joke around with.

With guys which whom I share a long history with, we tell each other more, but nowhere close to all.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Judging by the talks between my boyfriend and his bestfriend they do talk about videogames and work most of the time xD oh and if some girl is hot or not, but thats basically it o_o
    My boyfriend didn't even told him that his mother was sick of cancer until she died o_O I mean for me my bestfriend would probably be the first to know... and the shoulder to cry on.

1|2
    0|0
  • I asked my boyfriend that last week. He said nope. He and his friends don't talk that. Sports, money. But the convos are pretty short.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do, they talk about women and sex all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • hahahahaha are you kidding me? guys gossip more than girls do!

0|1
    0|1
  • I think men also discuss everything with eachother.

0|0
    0|1
    • we dont its kinda funny you think that you need to listen to guys talking at a bbq and thats how It is all the time

• I use to listen to my brothers talk with their friends and they do talk about a lot of things. Women talk about. Just not In a barbeque setting it seems they only talked when it was super private.

• Lol i have guy friends. Most just talk about girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys can't look gay around each other

1|3
    0|2
  • i don't discuss that shit

0|1
    0|0
  • guys are exactly the same just don't admit to gals

0|1
    0|5
    • No, we really aren't.

• Show All
    • Nah, just two men who take scientific fact into consideration before spouting shit.

• nice question))

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes