Do guys think about the "are we in a relationship" questions? Will they ever ask for is it always on the girl to bring it up?

Been seeing this guy for roughly a couple months. I know we're committed to each other. He's said so. He's said he doesn't want to sleep with anyone else and that he's waiting for me monogamously in that capacity. But neither of us have said we're "in a relationship" or called the other their "boyfriend/girlfriend" to my knowledge. In the old days the
guy would officially ask the girl to be his with a promise ring. That doesn't happen anymore. Is he supposed to bring it up or am i? I don't want to. I want to wait till he cares enough to bring it up. But is that a thing guys even are concerned about? Would any guy actually ever even ask? People are asking me if he's my boyfriend. I just keep saying "I don't know." I'd like to know, but I'm concerned its too soon to tell and too soon that it might not even be on his mind.
Thoughts? Guys only. All girls thinking their opinion matters will be banished to the back of the bus.
5