What to talk about?

So there is this guy from my school who I think has a crush on me. Sometimes he sees me cycling to school and then he suddenly starts to cycle next to me, striking up a conversation.

Only, we don't have anything to talk about. At first is was mostly about grades, annoying teachers/freshmen and upcoming tests etc., but now we have talked about everything that can be talked about related to school. I just don't know what to talk about anymore.

When I tried a new topic (asking how his spring break had been), he just said that he didn't do much.
That's it, like, how am I supposed to have an interesting conversation when I feel like the only thing we can talk about is school?

Does he even know that our conversations are dying? He keeps cycling next to me and I hope so much that he stops. It's only getting awkward.

But the weird thing is, I kinda like him too. Although that's just because he's hot I think. But since I can't have a fun conversation, he's not dating material I guess.

I mean, I would love to be able to enjoy conversations with him, but now I can only think of how long it will be before we arrive at school, to get out of the situation.

What should I do?
What to talk about?
3
1