He never asks me to hang out but he shows up to events that he knows I’ll be at. What does that mean?

We met in college but now that we are both done we kind of went our separate ways. He stopped talking to me when he got a new job, I’m currently trying to find one, and he was really shy for a while. After I heard he got a job I asked him to hang out. He said he would but he’s going to be busy with work. I left it as that and let him decide when he wants to hang out. I haven’t heard from him but now I see him at events and he will talk to me there. He usually comes with our mutual friends and at least one of them knows that we like each other.

So he doesn’t want to hang out with me but he will come to other events I’m at. I don’t know why.
0
1