I still love this guy after 20 years.. I have given up on him. But I wonder why he's still angry?/Does he hate me? /Does he secretly still care?

Daniel & I were eachothers first loves. We never confessed, but we knew. Our family's close. He loved me very deeply. We became very close friends 7 years ago. One day I made a joke, he felt insulted. I apologized. He didn't accept it. Over the years our egos&other people prefented us from making up & confess to eachother. He tried to make me jealous, which hurt me & I acted like I didn't care. His sister told me he missed me. Three years ago I added him on fb. His sister shared a convo between them:he wasn't sure which girl he wanted:His first love or this other girl. I felt hurt because of somethings he subtly said. We argued.& I deleted him on fb & he eventually chose her. One year later we visited his mom & I noticed he still had doubts about his girlfriend. One year ago I tried to make things up 1 more time & he hurt me, acted like he never had feelings for me. I talked to his sister, told her what happened & that my 1st love, (didnt tell it was daniel), broke my heart multiple times & he denied having feelings for me. Three months ago we were invited to his party. He announced that he met someone special. He seeked me out at the end. with a big smile he said hi & it felt like he tried to rub it in. (I thought maybe his sister told him that I still had feelings for him). A week after his party I told his sister that the situation I told her about 1 month ago was about a guy (my brothers best friend John) & that he's in town and I have a date with him & Im happy. She seemed a bit flustered/confused. Three weeks ago daniel got engaged. I put on a smile at his party & acted happy, the whole time & danced with my friends. He looked angry whenever we faced & tried to ignore me. Was this because of his ego getting hurt again, because I lied about loving him just the way he lied to me a year ago. (cause I told his sister that my 1st love was John & not him) Cuz im 100% positive his sister told him that?
I still love this guy after 20 years.. I have given up on him. But I wonder why he's still angry?/Does he hate me? /Does he secretly still care?
Add Opinion