If you asked a girl out and felt rejected - how would you feel if she kind of took you up on it a week later?

A guy asked me out and I kind of laughed nervously and didn't say anything as we got interrupted but a week later I emailed him. We got talking but after a few days, I got the feeling he didn't want to take it further because he didn't say yes, let's go for lunch again.. so I didn't respond to his last message but all he had said was haha lol. He hasn't messaged me himself since however I now feel he's trying to avoid me.. he actually ran into a lift when he saw me and the other day he saw me but didn't really smile at me (but I was talking to someone else). Is he genuinely embarrassed or playing games or no longer interested? I'm not sure how I feel, I felt bad for kind of laughing so thought we could be friends instead.
28
1