Why was this guy being so mean...(advice please :)! )?

I was at a party and this guy who used to be very into me was there (I've turned him down several times in the past). At school the day before this party, we had a pool day so I was wearing a bikini and lying on the grass during lunch. He was sitting nearby and I caught him staring at me. Times have changed, so noticing that he might still be into me, I became a little more interested... I started talking to him at the party the day after, even though we don’t interact at all at school. But he started saying all of these really passive aggressive things to me like “oh hahah I’ve never seen you at a party before!” (lie--he definitely has and he knows it) and “oh I don’t really know you’re personality ruby--we don’t have any classes together! except for that one we had freshman year” (he said this multiple times) and, when I wanted to smoke, he said very sarcastically, “wow! I never knew this side of you! you’re just the volleyball star!” and after I took the hit and looked around, he said “oh don’t worry ruby, everyone saw you." He said all of these things (and more) in a way that made me just feel very irrelevant and confused. Why was he trying to make me feel bad and hurt my feelings? Why would a guy who I barely even talk to anymore act mean like this for no reason?
Why was this guy being so mean...(advice please :)! )?
Add Opinion