Did he get turned off because he thinks I look different with no makeup?

I’d say I wear a lot, i work as a makeup artist although i don’t have bad skin or non existent eyebrows and there’s nothing i cover up. most people say i look just the same without it i apparently just stand out less/look more regular. anyway i notice he is always staring and smiling at me but i seen him once with no makeup and he was pretty rude and blunt when we spoke and usually he’s super sweet and really talkative with me and that time he just stared at me once and when I turned around and he seen me he didn’t look again. after this i again seen him once more looking considerably better and he did a double take, raises his eyebrows and mouthed “wow”, i asked him why he seemed so shocked and he just smiled at me and said “nothing, you look great by the way” is it possible he’s only attracted to me with makeup hence why he’s kind of rude whenever i don’t wear any... it’s odd it almost feels like he thinks im a different person, it prob seems like nothing but the change in his attitude towards me the one time I was natural is interesting
6
8