My friend no longer wants to be friends but kept something I gave him?

I messed up pretty big and I won't get into detail about what happened. All I'll say is my lie cost a friendship I cared deeply about. I understand why he doesn't want to be friends with me even if he wasn't perfect himself. Last year he moved into his own place. For his house warming gift I got him a pretty cool customized sign. It had is last name on it. So when I reach out to him recently to at least try and talk things out and go our separate ways he told me to leave him alone after what happened. I told him if that's how he feels I'll respect that. I sent him another message saying that if he still had the sign to keep or burn it I don't know I don't care. He never responded to that message so I didn't know what to think. I found out the next day even though he's seeing someone he still has that sign hanging on his wall. We literally live right down the road from each other and I keep thinking he's just gonna leave it on my porch or something. Why would he still have it if he cut me out? Wouldn't that mean he wouldn't want that or that it wouldn't mean something?
3
0