He's a coworker and we were messing around for about 3 months. It ended and he says he wasby a to be friends but avoids me most of the time?

So me and my coworker had a very, very strong mutual attraction. We liked each other for awhile before we started seeing each other. We were talking for 4 months before we started messing around and we messed around for 3 months. Our chemistry was very strong. From the beginning he had told me that he wasn't interested in a relationship at least not right away. He had just gotten out of one. He kept telling me that he was afraid I was going to catch feelings too soon and I was going to get hurt. He said let's just see where things go. So we did, I really liked him and everyone who was around us said they could tell he liked me too. Everyone who seen us together thought we were in a relationship because of the way we looked at each other. He nicknamed me, which he hasn't done for any other female coworker. The last time we hung out he had stated that he thinks that it would be better if we stayed friends. It hurt me do bad but that's what we've been doing. I'm still into him but nothing like I was so now we barely talk. We used to talk everyday texting/calling. Now I'll be lucky if I get a text from him once a month. We see each other at work, but a lot of times he goes the other way, to avoid seeing me. When he does see me he smiles and says "hi,(my nickname)" and usually joke around with me. He checks me out (looking me up and down constantly). If he knows which department I'm he'll look for me in my department as he's walking by and when I see him looking, he looks away quickly. We never hang out autside of work anymore. Every time I try to talk to him about what is going on, he tells me he doesn't want to talk about it or he gets mad or changes the subject. I'm really confused. He says were still friends but I'm confused. I need advice and hopefully someone has an understanding of what he's feeling?
0
2