Just got a call from an ex I hadn't talked to in 11 years and I'm kinda confused. Can someone please explain?

Mon night I got a call from an ex boyfriend I hadn't spoken to in 11 years. I was madly in love with him, and it ended badly. Probly my worst breakup ever.

Let me tell you exactly how this ended. He told me... now this was right after I gave him a blowjob, mind you... my head was still in his lap... he told me he wasn't attracted to me and he just wanted to be friends. Casual friends, he emphasized. Not really deep friends. Like I said, my worst breakup ever.

He asked me how I was, and we chatted for a few minutes, till I mentioned I had a boyfriend. Then out of the blue he says "I'm finally getting married, and I just called to tell you we can't talk anymore."

When he said this, I was dumbfounded. I was like Uhhh... okay. Then I said I'm happy for you. He said I'm happy for you too, and the conversation ended.

I don't understand. Why did he call me? Can someone please explain?
39
16