If a guy stares at a girl often does it only mean that he thinks she is attractive or what is he thinking about?

this guy stares at me frequently (but we don’t talk because we don’t have the same friends or any classes together). we know each other though and have talked before. i guess i am highly attractive (i mean i don’t necessarily think so but people tell me this very often--i hope this does't come off as cocky (i’m not) but it’s just the truth lol!). i am wondering what it really means though if a guy looks at a girl often. does it JUST mean that he thinks she is attractive? because there are certainly guys that i and other girls think are attractive, but we usually don’t just stare at them often unless we are crushing on them in a way... is it different for guys though?
3
1