If people always tell me I'm handsome, friendly, AND interesting, then why can't I seem to attract the women I want?

People who have seen just one picture of me have called me "handsome".
People who have just met me, all the way up to my close friends, have told me how friendly I am.
And to top it all off, I lead a busy life with very deep-seated passions, interests, and life experiences that my friends find intriguing.
So why is it that this isn't a formula for attracting the type of women I want in my life? Why, instead, am I having one awkward and hurtful episode after another, no matter what efforts I make to improve my attractiveness?
Is there something off-putting about me that turns women off? People rave about the "nice guy"/"beta male"... could I be embodying them somehow? I've done most of the self-improvement things that the dating/self-improvement gurus have told me to do, and I agree with much of it. But even after triumphing over my social anxiety and going out to meet people, I can't seem to hook in someone of my type, and even worse, it leads to painfully awkward situations.
Is there something in my character that's missing?
0
5