What is going on with my crush?

I have been crushing on this guy for a while now. The thing is he used to have a giant crush on me, but I wasn’t interested at the time. This year though, I have conveyed my interest and he was reciprocative and realized this. But he didn’t realize how into him I really was... Thinking that I wasn’t that into it, he started a relationship (he says they are “just friends” but they are hooking up so idk) with this other girl, and only after this did he realize that I was actually really into him. (I asked him to hang out and my friend told him I had a crush on him). By then though it was too late because he was already with her and he said that he didn’t know that I actually had a crush on him until afterward. After he found this out, he was totally ignoring me (completely pretended that I didn’t even exist and would go out of his way to avoid me). Then we went to a family dinner and he was still acting weird/ignoring me, but then he began to ease up because I was acting totally normal and cool about everything. Then after this, he started ALWAYS looking at me at school (the complete opposite of how he was acting before) even though he is still with the other girl. He blatantly checks me out and stares at me whenever I am around and loses his focus when I walk by. I am so confused. What do you guys think is going on with him?
What is going on with my crush?
Add Opinion