My Married Ex boyfriend wants to have an affair even though we have been broken up for 8 years. Why?

I dated this one guy my freshman year in college and we occasionally had an on and off thing but I haven’t seen the man in four years. In that time period he got married and moved away to Greenville and I have been busy doing my own thing.

All of a sudden he wants to have an affair with me and wants me to drive down to Greenville so that I can have an affair with him... but I’m supper iffy about that , I’ve deffinitely outgrown him and now view him as an immature man child and don’t find him or his personality attractive. Not to mention being married makes people gain weight and become less suave.

Still i I have no idea why he would try to have an affair with a woman he has not seen in 4 years and lives far away. Even if sex is boring and mediocre with his wife there are options like visiting a sexologist, or using 50 shades of grey as an excuse to try new things. He could even try to have an affair with a woman from his office or from Tinder. Why me all of a sudden and out of the blue?
17
4