Guys, what is going on with my ex?

So D & I were dating for 2 months and it was very obvious that he liked me & liked being around me bc he’d follow me or want to hold my hand all the time, & even stare at me in the middle of class. During the third month, I had to miss a week of school due to a kidney stone I caught and was hospitalized. I return to school, realizing that D has stopped talking to me in person (over text it’s nothing but whenever I’m in a room, he’d always have his back facing me) It was a week after returning that I saw him with my best friend A talking to each other but I thought nothing of it. I remember walking to the bus stop with him and our mutual friends (still not talking or looking at me) when I was approached by a guy who thought I was cute. I could see that this upset D & when on the bus, he deliberately sat next to me & began talking to me once we got off. He told me bad things about this guy & rumours but I didn’t believe it. So a few days later, he DMs me giving me his new cellphone number bc his old one broke (this was around Christmas so we were on break). All of the following month after this, he’s quiet & very distant and then in February (bc he goes to an all guys school), he comes to my school for a course. I tell him that I feel uncomfortable seeing him in the halls now bc we’ve technically broken up & he tells me that he didn’t take the course to make me feel that way (ps D is a liar & a manipulator so.. keep that in mind) I figure out on my own that he took the course to be closer to A knowing I’d be witness to it. I confront them both separately, A denies it, D says they’re friends. A trip where you get to choose where you wish to spend the day comes & D chooses the one I picked, knowing I picked it. He doesn’t end up going bc I reported him and got him kicked out of the school back to his own. Prom comes and A & D both see me and react differently; D tries to get close to my table by talking to my date & pulling A close whenever I walked by them. What’s up?
Guys, what is going on with my ex?
Add Opinion