I requested my boyfriend purchase me an engagement ring from Tiffany and such, he seemed a bit uncomfortable how do I ease him into the idea?

My boyfriend and I were discussing our future and the idea of marriage three days ago and I mentioned to him that if he proposed that I required the engagement ring to be bought from tiffany & co additionally that our engagement picture be taken by this woman in which I absolutely adore her photography in which the cost is about $1000.00. Additionally, I also mentioned t him that I would love our wedding to take place in the united states at Big Sur as a Canadian I absolutely adore the area and serenity. Anyhow he seemed a bit uneasy and told me that I was been unreasonable. However, I completely disagree with him as he has a great career, well paid job and is more than capable of achieving these wedding and engagement events. Anyhow based n your knowledge and experience how did you guard these cost? did you agree to split the cost? Did you simply convince your boyfriend t purchase these items at his pace?
I’m 25 he is 33 we have been together for 4 years

Thanks for your insight!
2
4