My crush knows I like him, ever since, he's been very shy around me. What's happening?

I've just started high school and I noticed this guy who now I have a crush on. My friend told his best friend I liked him, so he came up to me and asked if I liked him (my crush). I said no, of course, and I think they both believed me.
My crush is really shy and is never seen with other people except for his best friend. They both normally play basketball in the gym at recess and lunch, but ever since this happened I have noticed that they are both near me most of the time, and have walked past the private spot me and my friends always hang out.
When he notices I am near him he will make sure we have no eye contact and is very awkward and seems like he is embarrassed.
My crush's best friend asked his girlfriend (who is in my class) if I liked my crush. I would always talk about him with her, and she told him that I do like him a lot. Does this mean my crush is interested in me and wants to know more? I am so confused!!
1
0