Why would a guy ask you if you have a problem with his religion? Does this mean he wants to date me?

Ok so my classmate stares at me in class sometimes when he thinks I'm not looking. He's always trying to talk to me and even joins a conversation I'm having with someone else. Like I'll ask someone a question and he'll answer it He even followed me inside the subway a few weeks ago (when we talked after class) and came up to me to say Hi (after staring at me for some time).

The following part creeped me out a bit but then I realised he's a really nice guy so I asked for his number so that we can become friends. When I asked for his number, he seemed a bit nervous, uncomfortable, fidgeted a bit, but he immediately gave it to me in a sec. He also told me to WhatsApp him on this number and that he uses a separate number for calls. I don't know why but after I asked for his number, he seemed totally lost in thoughts (up until then we were talking non-stop) and he became very quiet.

Anyways, yesterday I came to class after a long time and we passed each other in the corridor, he stared at me quite unabashedly, that made me shy so I didn't even make eye contact with him and just kept staring at the floor and passed by him. Today, we spoke and we were discussing Ramadan (he'e very supportive of Islam) all of a sudden he asked me if I have a problem with Hindus? (He's a Hindu). Like would I be comfortable going to a Hindu place of worship etc (since I'm a Muslim).
1
0