Why are my crush’s friends acting very strange all of a sudden?

So me and this guy don’t go to the same school. But one of his friends told me that this guy liked me but, was scared of rejection. I only see this guy at the mall or whenever our schools play each other in football. The last football game we had his friends and, him were screaming my name and, trying to make me look at them. I kinda want to make the first move on him because, since he was scared that I would say no. But, his friends have been acting weird lately. They practically ignore me. Before tho they would stare at me a lot, and joke around. This guy who likes me stares at me from a distance ands smiles. Should I ask him out? I’m worried he doesn’t like me anymore basted on what his friends are doing. I’m worried that since his friends are ignoring me that, this guy found someone else at his school. Please help!!
0
1