Guy Best Friend Acting Weird?

This guy and I have gotten really close this year. I liked him at first, and then I didn't and he liked me, and then we both talked about it and decided to just be friends instead. We were really good friends for a couple months, we talked on the phone every night and hung out all the time because we were in the same friend group with other girls and guys. Anyways, this girl who doesn't like me that much told him I was telling people we were dating, which I wasn't. He asked me and I told him I didn't say that, and especially not to believe her because she was trying her hardest to destroy our friend group because we "stole her guy friends". He said he believed me and he thought that she was just making stuff up, and things seemed fine after that. He just recently started dating another girl, which is fine, but ever since then he's been acting really weird and not talking to me as much, and he stopped hanging out with us. He hung out with us once, but he didn't talk to anybody except this other guy and he kept whispering things to him. I'm always worried he's whispering about me, and I don't know what to do to fix our friendship. Any advice?
Guy Best Friend Acting Weird?
Add Opinion