Frustrated. Could he come around or is it a lost cause?

It started off as a casual nsa until I admitted to having feelings for him. Initially he rejected the idea of a relationship but he gradually started acting more like a boyfriend than a nsa (ie. staying overnight, cuddling, cooking together, meeting family members, grocery shopping, going to family functions, introducing to friends (even though he seriously only has 2 friends), taking care of each other when sick, etc). I've been seeing him for 3 years now. This is the longest relationship that I've ever been in. It was so frustrating at first because after 10 months I was feeling in love with him, was telling him that I loved him, and he was saying he wasn't sure if he loved me or not yet. He kept blowing hot and cold with me that whole time but I stayed with him. 2 months later he told me that he loved me. Now he tells me he loves me all the time but I feel like we're not on the same page. I feel like my biological clock is ticking. I want to get married and be a family. He said that he doesn't want to get married, that it's just a stupid piece of paper. He doesn't want to live together. He's physically unable to have kids but we could use a sperm donor or adopt. He didn't seem too crazy about the idea but said if I really wanted to, could adopt. I feel so frustrated. I'm not getting any younger and sometimes I wonder if I'm wasting my time or if he could come around. At the same time I can't imagine my life without him in it. I'd feel awful for breaking up with him. When we 1st met he was more like one of those grumpy , loner scrooge types that I softened up a bit. I'd feel terrible leaving him, knowing that he doesn't really have many people in his life, only 2 friends and not much in the family department. I cry and feel like an awful person for even considering breaking up with him, but what am I to do? Deprive myself of what I want while waiting, hoping that he'll come around and one day want to get married or live together?
Frustrated. Could he come around or is it a lost cause?
Add Opinion