What can you do when someone has commitment issues?

My ex keeps wanting to see me & says he likes being with me, not just sexually. He's been asking if I've been on a date because he found out I went on one. I know that he has some emotional issues and is a closed book, but he is 35 soon & I want a stable relationship. Liking me is not enough. Will a guy like this ever change? He has never really had a serious relationship. I'm the closes he's ever been to someone. He doesn't even have close guy friends. But he says if you don't want to see me anymore I understand. But seeing him now and then and going out isn't enough for me. I have feelings for him, but he can't want me that bad if he doesn't want to at least try. I think he thinks he can't look after himself, so how can he look after someone else. I don't need looking after, just someone I know is mine. And he's telling me we can go to my favourite place and finally get that meal, but he's not offering me anything else. His friend is ill at the moment (he's much older) and he has no one (no family around). He isn't happy where he's living but he won't move. Why doesn't he try to change his life. I want the best for him, but he wants me to go along with this half relationship & makes no effort to improve his life.

Add Opinion