Did I do something wrong to make him lose interest?

i see this guy always staring at me and watching me, sometimes looking from the corner of his eye whenever I’m talking to someone else but usually he’d try to be close to me and around me and would walk super close to me in the corridors in passing but an awkward thing happened the other day where I was talking to a friend and was apologising sarcastically over and over again for pushing a cart over her foot aka we where just being stupid and he heard me being stupid and shouting sorry over and over again at her as I left the room and he was on the other side of the door facing the other way and immediately jumped and turned his whole body to me and just stared at me in the eyes with his mouth wide open looking pretty confused but also disappointed? I don't know. I think it may not have helped that this literally happened on placement literally on a hospital ward. Like I should’ve behaved more mature. anyway I seen him again after that but was really embarrassed about it so i walked away when I seen him and avoided him. I seen him again today and he was staring at me but kept looking away when I noticed and was walking as far away from me as possible, I smiled at him and he just did a double take then kept looking. Is it maybe that he thinks I’m super immature so he’s distancing himself?
Did I do something wrong to make him lose interest?
Add Opinion