If a man grows a beard and starts wearing cologne because a girl says she likes them, does that mean he likes her?

I work at a coffee shop and have a male customer that I have serious feelings for. I don't know if he likes me too as he hasn't asked me out but there have been a few situations that makes me believe he does. I need help on knowing if I should make the first move and ask him out.

Here are 2 of the situations that I can't figure out.

In December he came in one day with a beard, he then cut it off the next day. So I sent him a fb message a few days later and told him that the beard really suited him. He now has a very well groomed beard (it's been 7mobths)

I wanted to see if my opinion matters to him so then I put a false story on fb about how I followed a man around the grocery store because he smelled so good... a week later my handsome customer started wearing cologne.

So my questions are is he keeping the beard because I said I enjoy it on him and did he start wearing cologne because of the story I put on fb. Keep in mind he is 40 and I am 30. I feel like we are too old to be playing games. If he likes me why doesn't he just ask me out?
8
1