I'm getting the feeling my friends with benefits is catching feelings, but can't quite tell?

I'm disturbingly good at turning off all emotions, I've been burned a lot and have no interest in relationships or dating. This guy I've known for a long time has said he isn't ready for one and is focusing on himself and such, so it's been great to just be friends with benefits. I've had other friends with benefits before, and been successful at it in the sense that no one caught feelings. This guy seems different, we'll go months without anything because our schedules are so odd, but he'll text me all the time asking how I'm doing, how's work, if I post something on social media he'll follow it up with a text (someone noticed that he likes every single thing I post), etc. I don't mind, we're friends, we get along really well. The other day we were trying to schedule something to hook up and just started talking about how great the sex is, and he suddenly says "I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a big factor as to say I like spending time with you"... what? It's the first time he's said anything like that, completely threw me off and I have no idea what to make of it.
2
0