Guys, Why does my boyfriend never include me?

So me and my boyfriend have been together for 8 months and I just recently realized that I am the one who is always making the plans. Besides that, every thing in our relationship is good, there aren't any 'signs' of him not being 'into me' or that he might be 'seeing someone else'. I've meet all his friends and even his parents on one occasion and we do all the boyfriendy/girlfriendy things expected out of a relationship. But I just realized that if I don't contact him about hanging out or going to try that resturant he said he wanted us to go to.. sometimes it won't even happen. And a lot of times I feel like I'm bothering him because Im always the one who asks to see eachother.. I kinda mentioned it to him the other day and he responded saying that he feels like if I wanted to see him I'll contact him, instead of him bothing me and seeing when I'm available. Maybe in his mind it makes sense that way but it makes me feel like he doesn't care enough to make plans with me.. Especially since yesterday when we were hanging out, right in front of me he called his friend (initiating the call) and started making plans with him. And this really hurt my feelings and I told him, how come he couldn't do the same for me?

Im just really confused and all this makes the relationship feel one sided sometimes. Guys, do you do this too? What are your thoughts? Thank you
1