Why does he keep liking my pictures?

So I’ll try to keep the backstory short: there was this guy I met when I was a senior in high school, we talked on and off and went on several non consecutive dates over about 2 years, after which I cut contact with him Becuase he had the habit of ghosting afterwards and not long after the last date he starting dating someone else. This would’ve been 2015. So I didn’t talk to him for about 2 years and in that time he never liked, commented, etc on my of my social media. In the summer of 2017 he started randomly liking all of my social media posts and we started to talk again. We hung out once and then he dropped off the face of the earth again. Several months went by and then he started liking pictures again. I finally messaged him a few weeks ago and asked what his deal was, why he keeps liking my photos and why he’ll talk to me and then just stop. Thee only thing he said was that he thought my pictures were cool and that’s why he liked them. I tried to see if he would carry on a conversation but then he stopped responding, so I figured after me confronting him about it he would stop but he hasn’t. If I post a photo of myself he likes it. He takes the time to like it on Facebook and Instagram if it’s on both. I haven’t liked anything on his pages so it’s not like it’s mutual. I don't know what his deal is. We never actually dated and we were never friends with benefits, the most we’ve ever done is made out. Could it be he still wants to keep tabs on me but doesn’t want a relationship or why does keep doing this?
Why does he keep liking my pictures?
Add Opinion