How does this guy feel about me?

So I just met this guy recently, and I’m not sure how he sees me or if he wants to be friends or more. When we have been together he has been super kind and tries to make me laugh some. One day he came into the room where a bunch of us friends were hanging out and he sat by me even though there were other table options, and also when I got up to get my food, as I came back to the table he pulled the chair out for me to sit. He asked me a question and while I was talking he was staring at me and smiling. He joked with me some throughout the day, and asked my advice on a situation he was going through. And when I left later in that day I hugged the other people with us. We both knew it would be awhile before he saw me again so he gave me a side hug and I wrapped my other arm around him too and he joked around by saying “I never really liked you” and then laughed and I joked back and was like ohhh okay and then he said I’m just kidding and laughed, and then was like see ya. I need some opinions on how he feels, he is genuinely a nice and caring guy to most so I don't know if that’s why he was being kind to me or not haha?
How does this guy feel about me?
Add Opinion