My crush invited me to a group setting. There he points out a girl he could potentially be seeing. Why would he do that?

I've had a crush on him for 6 months now. I've spent that time looking for a reason not to like him but never could. We started this thing where we are buying each other lunches. So finally, I let down some walls and decided to go to this thing he's been asking me to go to finally. After he told me about that girl, I've been distancing myself but he won't let me. He will not shut up and leave me alone. When he was leaving it was me and another person (we both know them) and he said bye to only me. He asked if I was going to that group setting again today but I never showed and he never texted me about it. Just please give me some input. Did he lie about that girl to get me jealous? He's hurting me by talking to me, i just want to forget about him. Did he tell me about that girl to reject me? If so, why is he talking to me more even though I am barely talking to him? What's his deal?
0
1