Does he have a drinking problem or does he just like to drink?

I have been dating this guy on and off for the past year. Our chemistry is absolutely wonderful, but the one thing that has been a lingering issue that i have with him is his drinking. He excuses it by saying that it’s his way of getting rid of his stress from work, but the problem is how excessive it is. A year ago, he came over to my apartment (I also have roommates) and was up until 4AM blasting music outside on our balcony which woke me up. He had drank an entire handle of Jagermeister and was sloppy drunk. I had to pull him into my room and force him to go to bed. He still over does it on the weekends and gets upset with me because I go to bed early and don’t really drink much There’s been a few instances where he has overly drank but I blew it off and didn’t speak to him about it. Last night I went to bed early as normal and asked if he would be coming in soon since I was leaving in the morning to work and out of town to go see my dad. I woke up at 2AM to him screaming at someone on the phone. I ignored him and went back to bed, then woke up for work and saw he wasn’t in bed with me. I looked out in the Livingroom and saw he wasn’t there either. I checked the patio and he was passed out drunk in his chair with a large vodka bottle empty next to him. I live in AZ so it was already peaking 100 degrees outside when I found him. I got dressed for work as normal and packed my stuff to go to my families and woke him up. He was so drunk that it took me a few attempts to wake him up and when he was awake he also toppled over. I had to undress him and help him lay down in bed. I came back with water and medicine and he was already passed out again. I get everyone has a way of dealing with their stress, but he already knows I have an issue with his excessive drinking. What should I do? This seems like it’s turning into almost an every weekend binger.
3
1