Please help me understand this guy - is he just bad at talking?

I been talking to a guy for a while now, but its not really typical. We met through social media and decided to go to lunch together. He seemed nervous the first time but sweet and we talked about pretty cool stuff. We met again and this time he wasn't so nervous but uncomfortable because it was a group and he was even less talkative. We talked a lot after that through messages, almost everyday. In text he never really starts conversation normally. If he has nothing to say, he just doesn't reply thats fine w me I get it. But then when he wants to talk to me again, (or maybe he feels rude for not replying), he just sends me snaps of what he's doing without speaking or even memes sometimes, he never says hey so whats up or hows it going or what people normally say. he's a guy of few words? I dont understand him. I feel like the conversation is forced because of this- he doesn't have to talk to me if he doesn't want to.
1
1