Why check me out so much if he thought I was fat and wasn’t interested?

basically he kept staring a lot and it was pretty annoying because he kept also as my friend said, “checking me out” like I kept seeing him look my body up and down and stare at my face, most of the time when I noticed he’d just look away. He smiled at me once during this also but I forgot to return it. He started acting really nice like purposely getting infront of my friend and insist we went first then held the door open for us and he calmed down on the checking me out and didn’t really look at me much again but he purposely let us use this computer first then asked his friends “what’s the hold up” when he’s the one who insisted we went before him? Then later in the corridor his friend asked him what he thought about me and he said “not bad for a fat girl” meaning he called me fat, not his friend and I usually don’t get called fat, it was surprising I’m not stick thin at all but wouldn’t consider myself as really fat as such, i wear a us size 6 although I am a bit curvy “fat” isn’t really something guys have called me and isn't really a common insult I receive which was pretty surprising to hear him say it. I used to like him so I wanted to speak to him but it probably seems it isn’t worth it. Why would he spend all that time watching me and staring if he had no interest because he thought I was fat
1
1