Are guys that don't smoke or drink unattractive?

I personally have never been interested in smoking or drinking and never will be. Since i've graduated high school this past May, I've started noticing some in my graduating class begin to drink or smoke. Most others have said that if a guy doesn't smoke or drink, they're considered boring. Is that true? I'm not interested in paying for beer if it's only going to cause more trouble, health issues, and medical costs in the near future.

4|3

Most Helpful Girls

• I wouldn't date a guy that smoked. I find it super unnattractive. Also I don't care if a guy doesn't drink but I do so as long as he doesn't mind (not to get smashed, just a little to get buzzed)

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't smoke or drink either. But it doesn't really make that much of a difference to me, if they do drink. Smoking, however, I would want to avoid.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I am the same, man. And while there are a significant number of people (read girls) who don't like smoking, still a large number drinks... and many dont consider drinking as anything gross. You wanna meet someone, they will take you to grab a drink... I mean what the actual fuck? WHY DO EVERYONE THINK THAT I WOULD DRINK?

Guys like us are rare. To make things even more complicated, I don't drink tea or coffee. Just imagine, where should I go if I wanna meet up with someone? Lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • LOL bro you're on the right track don't worry đź‘Ť
    If a girl doesn't like you because you're "boring" then to hell with her, it's even better actually, you can weed out the sluts that don't like you for who you are

Just be yourself dude, the right girl with the right mind will come to you and love yoi, and she'll be a lucky girl ^_^ don't ever change

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 41

• No , because i don't smoke or drink either. It's a dealberaker for me if a guy smokes or drinks. Guys who smoke and drink are unattractive to me

0|2
    0|0
  • Guys that put themselves on a pedestal and think they’re better than everyone else because they don’t do drugs, smoke, drink are unattractive while at the same time guys that do it just to be cool aren’t attractive either

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather have someone who didn't smoke. I'd make him stop actually. Drinking I don't mind as much, but I would prefer it if someone didn't drink much. I do understand that some people drink at a party or with friends. I might do it as well. But not till the point where they get actually drunk. And no driving of course

0|0
    0|0
  • I only smoke on occasion but yes if someone regularly smokes I find it very unattractive and it's a massive turn off. As for drinking no I don't see a problem with it, in my culture it is seen as normal and is a part of being social but if it reaches the point when they are getting drunk every night and can control themselves yes that is a massive turn off to me as well

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like the girls you are talking to are still all about partying and "having fun" which includes drugs and alcohol. There are plenty of girls who want a guy who isn't into all of that. You might also have to wait a while before finding those type of people.

0|1
    0|0
  • on the contrary my guy.

its much more attractive (to me at least) when u have as little 'extra hobbies' on ur plate as possible bc u seem more stable and in control of ur life (most people, i feel, drink and smoke to combat a problem/problems they have in their life). a lot of the times, smoking and drinking is seen as cool in high school, but once you get out and you actually have to pay the price for it, its not cute

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish more guys were like you. I can't stand smokers and I'm not interested in dating a guy who drinks.
    You're absolutely right! So, in my opinion you aren't boring at all.

1|2
    0|0
  • They smell better, I can tell you this much for certain.

2|2
    0|0
  • Smoking doesn’t make someone more attractive. Smoking leaves people with bad breath but it’s not the worst thing in the world... it does age people badly and your insurance won’t like it. Knowing stuff about booze definitely is an attactive quality. Drinking is just a social aspect of being an adult. so as long as you are not an alcoholic it’s alright. I wouldn’t date someone who doesn’t drink because I’m in the wine industry. You might be a bit of a square though.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't make you unattractive, more like socially uninviting. It could be that to them, smoking and drinking brings people together. They'll assume you're boring because you reject their ideals.

1|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 13

• l have never drunk or smoked and never will and l am not boring l am out going l would not wast money on that stuff look at the state of those drunks and smokers and the ones that eat junk food they are all sick and ill its a very slow death at a young age they can't even cook some dinner for them self and they also gamble there money as well what a set of daft addicted fools they know nothing about life poor bugers

0|1
    0|0
  • Some people look for looks, and that may or may not include smoking and drinking. There are certain kind of people that look for guys and girls who smoke and drink. That normally is attached to the person's own behaviors. The general truth is that someone that smokes and drinks will be comfortable with an other person that smokes and drinks. But to call "attractive" or "unattractive" to that person is just nonsense. Smoking and drinking is a choice, not Disneyland.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never thought I'd drink either until girls noticed how much fun I was. Not saying I drink all the time, more or less just socially but, it can dampen or brighten your personality. Smoking won't do anything cept make u smell forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't make us less attractive, but I've found that if you don't at least drink a lot of people find you "boring" lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm just like you man. I don't fuck with any of that shit. Everyone I know smokes or drinks in some way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't drink or smoke either. It seems pointless to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't smoke or drink.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah, man up

0|1
    2|0
  • Not true.