Am I really "too pure"?

Someone told me that people are intimidated by how pure I am. I don't know what that means, but the way they explained it is I have a very clear view of right and wrong, and I stick by it no matter what. For example my friend asked me why I don't go to parties to find a girlfriend, and my response was: "I don't want to find someone through alcohol. If I have to rely on alcohol for somebody to like me, then that attraction isn't real. I'd rather stay miserable than become someone I'm not to get what I want."

Another thing is that I have no problem sacrificing my own comfort and wellbeing for something I think is important. "If I don't do it, nobody else will." I don't say that to brag; in fact a lot of people I know say that it's cringey anyway. But I do it because I feel like it's the right thing for me to do since it doesn't bother me nearly as much as other people.

I admit that I do think a little differently about a lot of things, but I don't get why people would say that it's "intimidating."
Am I really "too pure"?
2
2