Why does it seem like my boyfriend's best friend (M) is trying to ruin our relationship?

I just moved in with my boyfriend (24) and I quickly made friends with his friends. My boyfriend told me I could feel free to spend time with his friends when I'm bored.
Well the other night his male friend invited me to his house, like he does quite often, to sit outside and have beers with him. My boyfriend said he didn't feel like going out that night, but I could go if I wanted to. We have trust in our relationship, my boyfriend encourages me to have friends since i just moved to the area.
So I did. I walked to his friend's house (he lives at the corner of the street)
It was about 3 in the morning, so I was already wearing pajamas.
I had a silky robe on but I had a long gown underneath and a pair of shorts. Nothing was showing, my breasts and thighs were completely covered.
But apparently his friend told everyone that this made him uncomfortable, claiming I "showed up in my lingerie"... But it wasn't lingerie, it was a robe and clothes underneath, and again... nothing was showing!!
But he made it sound like something it wasn't.
Now his friends are turning against me.
My boyfriend and my boyfriend's family are all on my side, though, and they know I didn't mean anything by doing that.
Why would this make him so uncomfortable? I didn't do anything, I didn't come onto him or anything.
Then he got mean with me when I confronted him about it and said he was overreacting.
1
1