HELP! How to get him to leave me alone and why is he acting this way towards me?

I been hanging out with this guy for 2 years thought he liked me as a "friend". I'm cool with being friends with him since I dont want to date him and see him as only a friend. Whenever we hung out he told me wasn't looking for a relationship with me and liked hanging out with me. Does that sound like he wanted to be friends? he's been the only person I hung out for 2 straight years. Later on he wouldn't allowed me to hang out with anyone but him. I wanted to meet new people and make new friends besides him since im always hanging out with him and his friends. Whenever we're out I talk to someone else he gets jealous but its ok for him to talk to his friends while I sit there feeling left out and lonely. I been meeting and hanging out with new people but him for the past month. The past month he started to act like a crazy girl texting non stop to me why I haven't been hanging out with him and crazy things to get inside my head to hang out with him so I stopped talking to him because of it and the way he is acting. Last month I been seeing someone I met last month. I told the "friend" I was seeing someone and then got really mad. He told me he liked me wanted to date me and all those years he told me he didn't wanted a relationship with me. Felt like he said this so he can control me to hang out with him again. he's been texting nonstop arguing with me about not hanging out with him and seeing someone else but not him. He later told me he is over this and then the other day started arguing with me again about the same thing before. I kept ignoring his texts then he said he's done talking to me. Next day he asked me to go to California since he knows I always wanted to go but I feel its his way getting my attention and making me get back with him which im not interested. What is his problem and why won't he leave me alone when he says he's done talking/with me?
2
0