If he likes me why does he never take any opportunities to speak to me?

So we are both nursing students and I see him sometimes through out my placements and every time without fail he’s staring at me and sometimes will smile (i always forget to smile back smh) i maybe smiled back once or twice but according to my friend it wasn’t a genuine smile and looked “quick and forced” but another guy on my placement asked him what he thought of me and apparently he said “we haven’t spoke but she seems great and hot, she’s hot isn’t she” so I’m guessing that’s a positive thing... but anyway he doing some paperwork in the corridor today and I was asked to go to patients rooms offering tea & coffee with one of the catering staff and I went and took the tea trolley thing over and shouted in if they needed anything and I could see him looking at me as I went over (he probably knew the room was empty) and didn’t tell me? he again smiled at me when he seen me which I didn’t respond to because he totally let me embarrass myself. My point was wouldn’t that have been a good way to start conversation with me? Like not gonna lie I did purposely go into that room thinking it was empty but was trying to give him an opportunity to start a conversation with me... didn’t work
3
0