If you were in a relationship would you broadcast all over social media how happy and in love you are?

I know social media isn't much, but when me and my ex were together he never did what he's doing to his now current girlfriend. It's literally high school crap, he left me for her a few weeks ago, and as you can tell my heart was torn into. I thought everything was going good, but low and behold here he is posting and posting things about her and how happy he is with her. Why do you need to prove that you are happy, why can't you just be happy without posting about it? If you're really in love who really has to know besides a few family members and friends? Why does the entire social media have to know? Secondly, he just announced yesterday that they're in a relationship 3 weeks after being kicked to the curb. I told him while we were fighting not to post all that crap up there, because one day he'll have to take it all down.

How can someone who emotionally abused me get to end up so happy? I mean, he played me. He posted crap about treating woman right and all this stuff, but he never did to me, he verbally and emotionally abused me. How does he get to run off and be happy? He's good about securing another relationship before he leaves me, he can't be alone, not for long anyways. He's 32 and she is 38, he post stuff on Facebook acting like he's 15 all over again. What grown adults do that? You don't need to prove to people that you're happy every hour or how you're waiting on her to wake up, like what the hell? I mean, it's getting to be a tad bit ridiculous. I thought about going on there and putting the angry emoji all on his lovey dovey post after the way he discarded me, but then I think, well... he's one less problem I have to worry about. Hopefully she'll get a taste of his abusive ways and run before it is too late.
Updates:
All we did was talk over the phone, he met her at his job and they grew closer. He can see and be with her, but all me and him ever had was a phone relationship. How can someone tell you they love you one minute and be gone the next? He dumped me over some stupid shit, he's not very kind and caring. When I needed him the most he abandon me and runs off with his new closer love.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You do realize that people post all sorts of crap on social media that's just an image they WANT to portray and not reality. The harder someone posts about how happy they are, the more I suspect it isn't the case. This guy sounds a whole lot like he is never very happy to me, and you're the lucky one for not having to deal with him anymore.

There's no easy way to deal with having your heart broken, but my advice is to stop following any of his activity online (it might even be passive-aggressively directed at you if he feels somehow making you feel worse and jealous will make him feel somehow better). You're not going to find your own happiness on his Facebook page, and even finding out he's truly dreadfully unhappy isn't going to really make you feel better. That's only going to happen if you're able to truly move on, and focusing on him is only going to delay that.

1|0
    0|0
  • ah, proving to people that you're happy by "screaming" it in every possible way, even on social media.
    I know this girl, that I used to like at some point. The hashtags on her social media are screaming for attention.
    Might it be that she's not actually happy, but wants to hide it in front of the others? Might it be that she simply got married to get rid of the "bitch" tag that was hanging over her head?
    Might it be that she did it just because she felt her biological clock is running out and she had in mind to have her child by age X?

Who knows, might all be true, might all be false, but she's definitely looking as she's trying to convince someone that she's happy.
    Hope it's not herself.

I personally know I wouldn't need posts on social media. With the girl I like now, all I can think of is to spend time with her and that's about it.

1|0
    0|0
    • one question. was the age difference between you guys a problem when you first met? like, did it make you think he's a bit too old for you?

• 25 yours and 32: 7 years gap

• I never saw age and issue, I tend to like guys a little older than me. Mentally I thought we were around the same age, but as I got to know him more his mind isn't mentally there with mine. We both shared things in common he has 2 kids, I have 2 kids only difference is I'm with mine and he 1700 miles away from his. He rather be happy with someone else than with his own kids, I always encouraged him to go see them and he with them, but I guess having another woman is better than being a father. In a sense, I lost respect for him because of that.

Most Helpful Girls

• I think he never loved you first. Why you care? If he is happy then its fine. Get a relationship and be happy too If this is what you need to be happy. But you can be happy even with your own person.

Why are you envy? If things didn't work. And if he treated you so bad. Why dont you cut him off of your live? Why do you still follow him and do that?

Im not here to judge you (Im here for free xp) but grow up. If things didn't work out. Its a reason for that. And maybe you had your fault at that too.

0|0
    1|0
    • I never said I was perfect, and, yes, I tried to make up for them for almost 4 years, but as usual he blamed me for every said hurtful things and picked other people over me, I never did that to him. The reason he broke up with me was because I didn't get a job, he didn't have a job either at the time, the day before i lost my home he dumped me and got wirh someone else in the same day. I was working on getting a job, but that didn't matter to him, this time I didn't do anything wrong. I did everything that I was suppose to, I apologized more than he ever did, and when i was wrong I admitted it, unlike him who pointed fingers.

• No. It is out business, not anyone else's. The more people that know, the more people seem to think they can give you 'advice'. They need to stay away and keep their nose out of it. So I help that along by keeping the info close.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• I wouldn't. But I respect people's right to post up their photos on social media if they wanted to. It's none of my business what other people post.

1|0
    0|0
  • Who gives AF about stupid social media? Not smart people because they know it is not real. It's like an alternate reality almost.
    You are far too old to be stalking his social media. Do yourself a favor, block him on everything and move on.

0|0
    1|0
  • You obviously deserve better.
    As for me, I hate social media. I do not use them. And I would show respect and love to my partner in real life and not through some stupid social media. I feel sorry for you. I hope he learns his lesson.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I ever was in a relationship... I would delete all my social profiles. You think people want to see other people happy? So I will disappear so I will not come up on anyone's feed. Last thing I need is a person trying to ruin my happiness.

1|0
    0|0
  • In a word no. Because when you split up and get a new partner your history is all there for them to see.

1|0
    0|0
  • Move on. Like if he treated you like crap, why do you insist on obsessing over him? Get over him. It's not healthy to obsess over an ex like this.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really, except my relationship status that's it. I don't need to post every single little thing about the relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Social media is not real life. Nobody really cares about other peoples relationships.

1|0
    0|0
  • If a guy goes overboard with the social media PDA more then likely he is trying to make someone jealous or get attention in anyway

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't broadcasting because that is our business and noone else's.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont care about social media so the chances of me broadcasting my relationship is basically 0%

1|0
    0|0
  • If i had a girlfriend i would not post enething unless we say we can but that is mest up

1|0
    0|0
  • No. It's not other people's business how that aspect of my life is going

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. I love the hell out of my girlfriend, I want that shit written in the sky

0|0
    1|0
  • No. I wouldn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't like those people.

1|0
    0|0
  • NO ,, that is personal...

1|0
    0|0
  • Kinda childish.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell no

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• No, I wouldn't. Maybe just one or two posts, nothing more.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't, I'd post the odd picture if we'd been out to I don't know a party or ball but nothing too soppy

1|0
    0|0
  • No, that’s highly annoying. I don’t like when people do that so I wouldn’t do it. Also I’m not someone who uses social media either, so... 😢

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah not my thing.

2|0
    0|0
  • no. i hate that stuff

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I'm pretty private.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I would not