Is he over his ex or just playing me?

So, I met this guy online about two months ago. We hit it off right away. He's smart, sweet, really romantic. Before we got physical, we start talking about ex-lovers. He just breaks down into tears about how he'd only been with this one girl and this bitch of an ex of his emasculated him and made him feel like he was unworthy of love. According to him sex was terrible and she was constantly being demeaning. Our own sex was quick and kinda flat but I was really cautious not to bring stuff up because of his past. Okay. So, a month later I'm at his apartment and I'm talking to his roommate. He mentions I'm the "new girl". I said yeah, I'd heard about the ex already; and he laughed. He said, "Yeah, sex was great - I could hear them through the walls- and she really cared about him but he wasn't really ready for it."... That wasn't at all the story I'd been told? I asked him how long ago this was, and he told me that my boyfriend hadn't been serious about anyone for years since. He mentioned that afterwards he went through a major woman-bashing incel phase which made it hard to "get laid". The friend smiled and said he was glad that was over now, so that I could "take care" of the boyfriend. So I talked to the boyfriend and asked what went on. He kind of danced around it for a while; then told me that she "made me act immature" but wouldn't go into details. There's real anger there when he talks about her, so I don't believe he'd go back to her; but I'm not sure what to think. Is he not really over his ex? Was he making up stuff to trick me into pitty sex? Is he going to talk that way about me if I ask for something more in the bedroom?
Is he over his ex or just playing me?
Add Opinion