Why do guys never approach me anymore on a night out?

Reasons to it? I don’t say anything but talk to whoever I’m with but no random guys talk to me.. I thought my crush would approach me for the first time when he looks at me but he doesn’t seem to want to talk to me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Seem unapproachable, unfriendly, or simply not attractive to the guys out on that night.

If you're always in groups guys won't approach, if you look angry/bitchy, they won't approach, if you look like you have an attitude or high maintenance, they won't approach.

Make it so guys WANT to approach you, smile, don't simply wait for them, act upon your crush somewhat, look at him, smile & have open body language.

Why can't you approach him & why do guys HAVE to be the ones? He's your crush, doesn't mean your his crush either, approach him, let him know you're interested. Just say hi & touch his shoulder then walk off. He should approach you later if he sees you.

0|5
    0|0
  • Nobody is entitled to being approached by anybody else. Odds are if they won't approach you, they could be feeling intimidated by you, or the possibility of rejection, or maybe they have second thoughts and have somebody else they are thinking about approaching instead.

1|7
    0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Guys rarely approach complete strangers. Even if you're friendly, presentable, and a good person - it's still a pretty rare occurrence statistically speaking.

That being said, guys are really sensitive to non-verbal communication. If they get the hint of a hint of the idea that you might NOT be attracted to them. They won't approach.

1|5
    0|0
    • When I was Young, a Girl Looking bored was a sign to Approach and we did Approach complete strangers.

• I think men approach you when you are by yourself. I got approached a couple of times in the last couple of times and each time I was approached, I was by myself. Guys never approach me when I am out with other males.

0|13
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 124

• Because you're entitled and we men resent the fact that you want to be equals but still expect us to do all the heavy lifting in a relationship.

If the man has to initiate and pay for dates then you better be a good housewife and make him a fucking sandwich when the time comes.

Downvote me punks.

1|11
    2|1
  • Given all the hostility women have towards men due to the feminist- misandry-anti-male, media-male-bashing , anti-relationship-government-regs, I am surprised that you actually see guys out anymore. Are there any out there?

1|7
    2|0
  • Probably don't want the risk of being publically labelled a misogynist or sexual predator. You can thank third wave feminism and the #Metoo movement for that!

0|13
    0|0
  • I refuse to walk up to women. I have been accused of rape when i was in my 20s twice because i approached a woman on her night out. One time I offered to buy a pretty woman a drink... she told the cops i tried to rape her... seriously offering to refill your glass out of my pocket is rape now? The second time a rather drunk woman came up to me telling me i was sexy and calling me her boyfriend and when i refused to take her to my place to have sex she called the cops and said I was sexually assaulting her grabbing her tits and trying to take her panties off to rape her. I rarely go out alone because of it. What your experiancing is what toxic Feminism and misandrist culture has created. The sjws and snowflake millenials have ruined dating for everyone. It is not just you but they have created the image that every woman hates men. That its not worth the risk to talk to women because at any moment they can be accused of anything. Its just not worth it to talk to women on a night out anymore. Its not culturally acceptable because big strong independant women are threatened and feel violated by hey i just wanted to tell you you look radiant tonight. Have a good night.

0|1
    0|0
    • This shit seriously happened?

• Show All
    • If it happened in the me too world youd have a pretty mugshot.

• Hmm- likely you are not giving any 'welcoming signs'. If I see two girls at a bar talking, it would be pretty rude if I just went up and broke up their ladies night because I thought one of them was cute.

However, if she was looking at me/ making eye contact at least a few times so I know it is an invitation and not coincidence than I am likely to approach if I find her attractive.

3|0
    0|0
  • Society has changed. Why do guys have to do everything these days? Were lazy jerks just focused on the moment and make the choices that suit us best. If you have a crush go and talk to him first. If you're shy about it then thats even better. We can see when someone is making effort and more thoughtful for it. Hope this helps.

0|6
    0|0
  • Mostly because of feminism. No one wants to end up with criminal charges because they hit on a stranger. Some guys will still take the risk, but if you hit in the wrong girl she can ruin your life. I dont think random approaches are worth it anymore.

2|4
    1|1
    • I've never had a problem with flirting or talking to women. Be polite and if she gets upset, simply apologize. You aren't going to get into issues unless your a piece of crap or an asshole.

• Show All
    • I think we need to take into consideration that it depends also on the country and the mentality of people there. Some people are just crazy regardless of gender, but still I believe it not to be the majority of people.

• I agree completely, miss devlish

• Because now a days people are so overly Senator about everything and guys are fearful that they're going to end up trying to talk to some snotty suck up chick that's going to embarrass them and post a photo of them online saying something like "omg this creep was like stalking me all night" when in reality all he did was all her how her night was going. So yea rather then go through that type of embarrassment guys just try to avoid it now.

1|3
    0|0
  • Hard to say given what you have posted, but if I were a woman, I wouldn't simply wait around for guys to notice me- I would start a convo with the ones that interest me, beginning with the crush.

I have no idea if this applies to you, but I prefer to approach women that seem friendly and engaging- that is much more important than their loks. Nevertheless, take a look at your hair, what you're wearing and any makeup to see if you should switch something up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple

0|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 20

• You may come across as unapproachable, unattractive, taken, or something in between.

0|5
    0|0
  • I’ve said it before, it’s because of the goddamn feminists.
    Men, if you’re reading this, I just want to say, that I miss you... and I love you. 😭

0|8
    1|0
    • Spot on in many cases today. You still have those that doesn't approach at all, those tends to be repulsed of people that makes themselves available.

• Show All
    • Haha! Has vainilla sex with her! Lol, wtf?

• @OralMayhem Is like what happens in novels and bs movies. You know, perfect sex where the girl is just laying there and the guy has long hair and muscles.

• You probably look bitchy, busy, or too high maintenance.

0|10
    2|0
  • I think you should say Hi to him. Be adventurous. Take charge and go for it!

0|11
    0|0
  • For years, I wouldn't get approached because I have a son who could pass as a boyfriend or as a spouse but that could also mean they aren't interested in me because of me being a mom. Maybe you are hanging out with people whom they might assume one of them is your date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to make eye contacts while you're out and smile a bit, guys will come over when they see an opportunity :)

1|5
    0|0
  • I dont go to bars, but I am approached on the street a lot and hit on by strangers at work a lot too. What I think does it is that I dress well, I wear minimal makeup, take care of my appearance but not too high maintenance which seems to attract attention. What gets people to approach me is that I give off a friendly aura I think, with lack of better terms to describe it. I smile a lot, probably have good body language, and just treat everyone with respect. People pick up on the kindness and feel more okay approaching me for it, I think.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sit at the end of the bar your more accessible. It works

0|1
    0|0
  • Perhaps they're being respectful? Did you ever think about that?

0|0
    0|0
  • This is what you need to do. Don't look like you want someone to talk to you, that attracts the perv guys.
    #1) when your in a group leave the group to walk around in a saunter you will know if you catch his eye because he will turn his body towards you and make eye contact. Don't eye rape him and dont be eye raped back. Look like your going to speak but go in the opposite direction like you lost your phone. Walk back towards your table but dont run. Leave to go to the bathroom for a while. Find another seat away from the group. Have 1 friend from the group be your eyes from a far. She or he can tell you whose checking you out, they're your wing person (the social butterfly with a gift of gab, networking and connecting people not the blubber mouth and its best if they are not single) I use to coach guys and girls. But make sure your having fun doing an activity, and dont go with your desperate girlfriends they will "cock block"

0|1
    0|1
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes